Machine Operators, Feeders and Catchers
Hours: 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts report to: Production Manager
Have a good overall understanding of the operation, set-up and repair of the various types of equipment they can be assigned to operate. Must be able to maintain consistent quality control measures. Responsible for troubleshooting equipment problems and customer concern issues. Must be able to handle any other issues or responsibilities that are asked of the individual to make the company profitable. Must understand safety issues.
Some examples of bindery equipment are Stahl case maker, Autocase case maker, ODM casing in machine, side sewing machines, gluers, trimmers and cutters. Operators may be assigned to operate a machine alone or with a team depending on circumstances and job complexity. Operators are also required to perform hand assembly work as needed.
· Review work order prior to setup to verify order specifications.
· Perform setup tasks as required to meet individual order specifications.
· Perform quality inspections at each setup and at regular intervals during production of orders.
· Package product securely, label cartons, place cartons on required pallet and prepare necessary paperwork to ship order when performing final operation.
· Complete necessary routing of finished job and accurately record final counts in data collection system.
· Assist in organizing and maintaining due dates for all jobs.
· Perform housekeeping duties at workstation to insure area is clean, organized and safe.
· Suggest better ways to produce a job.
· Other duties as requested by the Lead Bindery Operator or Production Manager.
· High School education or equivalent.
· Must be able to perform basic math skills, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Must be able to read a scale/ruler and work with basic fractions.
· Must be able to read and interpret basic written instructions. Must be able to communicate both verbally and written.
· Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers and managers.
· Must be able to define basic problems and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to make decisions based on facts and information provided.
· While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch and lift up to 50#.
· Experience in printing helpful.
· Demonstrate eye/hand coordination.
· Capacity to learn quickly and adapt to change.
· Must not be color blind.
· Able to be on your feet for up to an 8 hour period.
· Willing to work overtime as required on short notice.
· Able to work various shifts as dictated by workload.